Job Title: 3D Design, Drafting & Engineering Coordinator
FLSA: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt
Reports to: CEO
FUSE is an acronym: For United States Employment. FUSE Fabrication started with a vision to employ Americans'. Since 2010, we have been dedicated to hiring and training professionals in a diverse set of disciplines and have transformed from a Custom Sheet Metal shop to a State-of the-Art manufacturing facility. FUSE Fabrication’s turn-key approach helps clients at every step of the process from design to installation, and even offers on-going maintenance. Fuse Fabrication is a specialized sheet metal fabrication company in Central Florida. Our turn-key operation features high-quality, American-made fabricated and machined products that are competitively priced. We also create lasting relationships with our customers. By investing time and attention to detail for your project we act as your partner, ensuring the best possible outcome. Quality is our number one goal.
- Creating Designs: Prepares and identifies required specifications from proposals, prints and related documents using software to create detailed designs for complex projects/jobs.
- Prints & Drawings: Engineer, design prints & drawings to plan layout, dimensions and procedures for prints, drawing, etc.
- Routing and Coordination: Determine appropriate methods, departments, machines, and materials needed based on project/job specifications.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with others to ensure the project/job are to the exact specifications of the customer’s wants and needs, as well as the ability to problem solve if needed.
- Training, Instruction and Direction: Provide training, instruction, and direction on the proper implementation and execution of departmental standard operating procedures and practices.
- Reverse Engineering: Conduct reverse engineering of parts and products for duplication in the Field or Shop.
- Design Experience: 3 proven years of experience 3D Design, drafting & industry engineering.
- Computer Software Experience: Good computer skills with 2 years’ experience using Inventor or Solidworks programs.
- Math Skills: Basic knowledge & skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division & geometry.
- Structural Design: 3 years’ experience in substructure, platforms, metal framing.
- Sheet Metal Design: 2 years’ experience in Laser Cut, Press brake, and other related sheet metal design processes.
- Mechanical Design: 2 years’ experience in Bolts, Bearing, Gear Box, Pump Motor design.
- Industry Skills: Knowledge of Fabrication Industry; related equipment, procedures, & material.
- Analyzation, Comprehension and Creativity: Strong ability to analyze & comprehend data to come up with creative solutions.
- Interpreting Document & Drawing: Ability to read & interpret technical documents & drawings.
- Using Measurements: Knowledge of figuring and using measurements.
- Create BOM: Must know how to create BOM (Bill of Materials).
- Create Prints: Create fabrication & welding prints for shop use.
- Fractions & Decimals: Able to read fractions & decimals. Able to convert fractions to decimals.
- Safety: Knowledge of shop & machine safety standards & use of PPE (face-shield, gloves etc.).
- Detail Oriented Attitude: Possesses a great attention to detail with goal-driven attitude.
- Work Environment: Must be dependable & capable of working overtime hours and thrive in a fast-paced demanding environment.
o Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
o Professional Certifications is a plus.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs. frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, crawl, twist/turn, grasp & reach overhead & outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 55 – 85-degree Fahrenheit work environment.
- Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, hard-hat, steel-toed shoes, and other appropriate protective clothing.