Job Title: CNC Laser Operator - Production
FLSA: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt
Reports to: Shop Foreman/Supervisor
FUSE is an acronym: For United States Employment. FUSE Fabrication started with a vision to employ Americans'. Since 2010, we have been dedicated to hiring and training professionals in a diverse set of disciplines and have transformed from a Custom Sheet Metal shop to a State-of the-Art manufacturing facility. FUSE Fabrication’s turn-key approach helps clients at every step of the process from design to installation, and even offers on-going maintenance. Fuse Fabrication is a specialized sheet metal fabrication company in Central Florida. Our turn-key operation features high-quality, American-made fabricated and machined products that are competitively priced. We also create lasting relationships with our customers. By investing time and attention to detail for your project we act as your partner, ensuring the best possible outcome. Quality is our number one goal.
- Blueprints & Software: Interpret engineering blueprints to draw (program) pattern layouts of parts using designated software.
- Utilizes job orders, blueprints, written & verbal instructions to determine job requirements.
- Performs visual & dimensional inspections to verify compliance with specifications.
- Program & maintain current file revisions of client part.
- Machine Startup & Shutdown: Perform daily machine startup & shutdown procedures on CNC cutting equipment. Make machine & tooling selections to manufacture parts in the most cost-effective manner.
- Production Schedule: Ensure production schedule is followed as allocated by scheduling department. Prepare detailed standardized work instructions & set-up plan in accordance with FUSE quality standards.
- Maintenance & Cleaning: Perform minor maintenance & cleaning of cutting equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and manufactures machine recommendations. Perform some machine alignment procedures & optic cleaning to keep equipment at peak operating performance. Perform some machine alignment procedures & optic cleaning to keep equipment at peak operating performance.
- Dust Collector Service & Associated Logbook: Maintain daily dust collector service & associated logbook in assigned area & report equipment deficiencies Consults with management to resolve manufacturing or assembly problems.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed & adhered to.
- Stage raw materials at each work-center for the day’s production.
- Load & Unload machines. Assist in loading & unloading team members’ machines when additional manpower is required.
- Resonator Gas Levels: Monitoring assist and resonator gas levels. Recommend supply requirements for daily production.
- Adherence to attendance policy (regular attendance).
- Other duties assigned by Lead/Supervisor or Management.
- Minimum of one-year experience operating CO2 laser/Fiber Optic, and/or CNC cutting machines.
- Working experience on multiple brands of CNC machines such as Amada, Mazak, Bystronic, or Messer is highly preferred.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Some drawing and reading comprehension skills.
- Ability to inspect flat laser/plasma cut parts with precision inspection equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read drawings.
- Possess some knowledge of and ability to identify fabrication industry metals.
- Familiarity with sheet metal flat patterns preferred.
- Ability to learn or have some working knowledge of NC machine code.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Safety conscious behavior.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs. frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, crawl, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 55 – 85-degree Fahrenheit work environment.
- Wear a fit-tested respirator if required.
- Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, hard-hat, steel-toed shoes, and other appropriate protective clothing.