Job Title: General Laborer
FLSA: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt
Reports to: Shop Foreman
FUSE is an acronym: For United States Employment. FUSE Fabrication started with a vision to employ Americans'. Since 2010, we have been dedicated to hiring and training professionals in a diverse set of disciplines and have transformed from a Custom Sheet Metal shop to a State-of the-Art manufacturing facility. FUSE Fabrication’s turn-key approach helps clients at every step of the process from design to installation, and even offers on-going maintenance. Fuse Fabrication is a specialized sheet metal fabrication company in Central Florida. Our turn-key operation features high-quality, American-made fabricated and machined products that are competitively priced. We also create lasting relationships with our customers. By investing time and attention to detail for your project we act as your partner, ensuring the best possible outcome. Quality is our number one goal.
- Machine Startup & Shutdown: Assist with daily machine startup & shutdown procedures as directed by the operator.
- Stage raw materials at each work-center for the day’s production.
- Machine Maintenance & Documentation: Assist in maintaining daily/weekly/monthly machine maintenance & documentation in assigned area & report equipment deficiencies to operator.
- Load & unload machines: Assist in loading & unloading team members’ machines as needed.
- Minor Maintenance & cleaning: Perform minor maintenance & cleaning of equipment & work area in accordance with company standards and manufactures machine recommendations.
- Other duties assigned by Operator/Coordinator or Management.
- Ability to understand and take direction from the Operator or Shop Foreman.
- Able to follow safe waste disposal procedures & clean work areas as directed. Able to utilized appropriate cleaning equipment.
- Able to clock in and out correctly in time & attendance/time ticket computer.
- Able to package goods for shipment or storage.
- Ability to follow verbal & written instructions. Ability to communicate visually or verbally.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Understanding & support of Company policies & procedures.
- Safety conscious behavior.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Must be reliable & have excellent attendance.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs. frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, climb, crawl, twist/turn, grasp & reach overhead & outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 55 – 85-degree Fahrenheit work environment.
- Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, hard-hat, steel-toed shoes, and other appropriate protective clothing as appropriate.