Job Title: Manual Machinist & CNC Operator
FLSA: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt
Reports to: Machine Shop Supervisor
FUSE is an acronym: For United States Employment. FUSE Fabrication started with a vision to employ Americans'. Since 2010, we have been dedicated to hiring and training professionals in a diverse set of disciplines and have transformed from a Custom Sheet Metal shop to a State-of the-Art manufacturing facility. FUSE Fabrication’s turn-key approach helps clients at every step of the process from design to installation, and even offers on-going maintenance. Fuse Fabrication is a specialized sheet metal fabrication company in Central Florida. Our turn-key operation features high-quality, American-made fabricated and machined products that are competitively priced. We also create lasting relationships with our customers. By investing time and attention to detail for your project we act as your partner, ensuring the best possible outcome. Quality is our number one goal.
- Prints, drawings, Measurements, Plan Layout: Read prints and drawings, take, or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Engineering Drawings & requirements: Translate engineering drawings and requirements into dimensions for production.
- Conventional & CNC machines: Ability to set-up and manage machines to perform different jobs on conventional & CNC machines highly recommended.
- Mills & Lathes Operation: Ensure mills & lathes operate in accordance with company guidelines.
- Oversees machines while executing the tasks assigned. Make necessary changes to produce improved results.
- Check machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Communicate issues that arise in the process of creating a part.
- Client Expectations: Ensure that results of machining process align with client expectations.
- Conduct regular machine assessments.
- Practice Safety and Use of PPE: Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety & making sure required PPE (personal protective equipment) is utilized as needed.
- Standard Operating Procedures: Following Standard Operating Procedures is a must.
- Proven experience as Manual Machinist with at least 3 years of experience.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Experience using a variety of machine equipment and procedures.
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, grinders, drills, etc.).
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities.
- Reading fractions & decimals (must know how to convert fractions to decimals).
- Good computer skills & basic mathematics skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, geometry, and conversions).
- Knowledge of shop & machine safety standards and use of protective gear & clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.).
- Forklift experience. Training is provided quarterly.
- Overhead crane experience is preferred.
- Ability to perform without difficulty and great attention to detail with goal-driven attitude.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 75% of shift and lift a maximum of 50lbs.
- Employee must be dependable and capable of working overtime hours as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Professional Certifications is recommended.
- Adhere to OSHA and Company Safety Standards and Requirements.