Job Title: Painter/Sandblaster
FLSA: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt
Reports to: Shop Foreman
FUSE is an acronym: For United States Employment. FUSE Fabrication started with a vision to employ Americans'. Since 2010, we have been dedicated to hiring and training professionals in a diverse set of disciplines and have transformed from a Custom Sheet Metal shop to a State-of the-Art manufacturing facility. FUSE Fabrication’s turn-key approach helps clients at every step of the process from design to installation, and even offers on-going maintenance. Fuse Fabrication is a specialized sheet metal fabrication company in Central Florida. Our turn-key operation features high-quality, American-made fabricated and machined products that are competitively priced. We also create lasting relationships with our customers. By investing time and attention to detail for your project we act as your partner, ensuring the best possible outcome. Quality is our number one goal.
- Application of Industrial Coatings- Responsible in the safe application of industrial coatings to a variety of new & older equipment or material using standard and/or non-standard tools, equipment, & procedures. Use sound judgment to ensure quality & proper procedures are used.
- Material preparation – Cleans & prepares surface of articles to be painted.
- Responsible for proper masking, blowing, sanding & preparing components.
- Painting – Responsible for selecting/mixing paints & operating painting equipment such as pumps & guns.
- Formulates Chemicals & Paint- the mixing and proper storage of chemicals and paint.
- Loads and moves materials to work area.
- Cleans work area.
- Abrasive Blasting – Occasionally operate abrasive blasting equipment to prepare components for paint.
- Read typed equipment assembly specifications, such as charts, schematics, & blueprints.
- Brings technical problems encountered to the Shop Foreman’s attention for resolution.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial spray-painting experience.
- Minimum six months experience with blasting equipment & degreasing equipment.
- Ability to follow written instructions & complete manufacturing documents.
- Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles of toxic or caustic chemicals with air mask provided.
- Must complete respirator training & must pass a pulmonary function test and respirator fit test.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements:
o Prolonged standing; Frequent bending, pushing, pulling & stooping.
o Frequent lifting to 50 pounds without assistance, greater than 50 lbs. with assistance.
o Able to work in heat in the summer & cold in the winter. Able to tolerate exposure to loud noises, muffled by hearing protection.