Job Title: QMS- Project Quality Assurance Coordinator
FLSA: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt
Reports to: CEO
FUSE is an acronym: For United States Employment. FUSE Fabrication started with a vision to employ Americans'. Since 2010, we have been dedicated to hiring and training professionals in a diverse set of disciplines and have transformed from a Custom Sheet Metal shop to a State-of the-Art manufacturing facility. FUSE Fabrication’s turn-key approach helps clients at every step of the process from design to installation, and even offers on-going maintenance. Fuse Fabrication is a specialized sheet metal fabrication company in Central Florida. Our turn-key operation features high-quality, American-made fabricated and machined products that are competitively priced. We also create lasting relationships with our customers. By investing time and attention to detail for your project we act as your partner, ensuring the best possible outcome. Quality is our number one goal.
- First Article: Conduct & document First Article Inspection (FAI) to verify process of planning, manufacturing, and production process are in accordance to the customer's specifications.
- Non-Conformance: Prepare Nonconformance Report (NCR) noting deficiency in characteristic, documentation, or procedure which renders the quality of an item unacceptable. Examples of nonconformance include physical defects, test failures, incorrect or inadequate documentation, or not following prescribed processing or procedures.
- Root Cause Analysis: Analyze & address root causes of an issue to prevent future issues.
- NACE 1: Conduct NACE Coating Inspection.
- Quality Assurance (QA): Conduct QA to ensure adherence to defined processes. Monitor & evaluate product quality.
- Quality Control: Conduct Quality Control (QC) to confirm the product meets the customer’s needs, specifications and expectations before the product is shipped.
- PT: Conduct Penetrant Testing to detect any surface defects by using penetrating liquids & dyes.
- MT: Conduct Magnetic Particle Testing to detect surface & shallow subsurface defects in materials made from iron, cobalt, & associated alloys.
- UT: Conduct Ultrasonic Testing to detect common or uncommon defects caused by processing & fabrication such as shrinkage cracks, stringers, hydrogen flakes, & incomplete fusion/penetration.
- NDE: Conduct Nondestructive Examination to inspect for flaws & defects in tube & pipe, bar, rod, & parts produced.
- Weld Test: Review Procedure Qualifications Report (PQR) to ensure Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) are correct and appropriate.
- RT: Conduct Radiographic Testing to identify any defects that can cause welds to fail.
- Weld and Fitment QA: Conduct QA/QC on welds produced to ensure sound reliable welds and minimize rework.
- CAR: Complete Corrective Action Report to document deficiencies discovered during testing/inspection; impact on operations; & actions to take to prevent future occurrence.
- Production and Fabrication Shop Experience: 5 years of proven experience in all aspects of the Production and Fabrication Shop.
- Documentation and Drawing: Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Comprehension: Strong comprehensive and analytical abilities.
- Team Relationships: Able to develop relationships with other managers.
- Analyzing: Able to analyze processes and procedures.
- Trouble Shoot: Ability to trouble shoot quickly to reduce down-time and waste.
- Motivate: Ability to motivate staff to achieve the highest level of excellence and performance.
- Working Knowledge: Strong working knowledge of operations and functions of all departments.
- Math Skills: Possess basic mathematics skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, geometry, and conversions) and read fractions & decimals (able to convert fractions to decimals).
- Good computer skills.
- Forklift Operator: Must have certification and 2 years’ experience.
- Crane Operator: Must have Overhead crane experience.
- Performance: Able to perform with little supervision.
- Detail Oriented: Strong attention to detail.
- Attitude: Possesses a goal-driven attitude.
- Demanding Environment: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Must be dependable and capable of working overtime hours as needed.
- Other Certifications: Professional Certifications is recommended.
- Communication Skills: Able to speak and write clearly.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs. frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, crawl, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 12 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 30 – 100+ degree Fahrenheit work environment.